On Our Side
Many times I’ve asked myself the question Moses asked himself: “who am I to achieve this?” There are moments I’ve felt incapable of receiving a great ministry from God. But my strength has been God’s answer to Moses.
God said to Moses that His name was: “I AM WHO I AM.” God’s purpose for this time is that we know him like the great I AM. This means knowing the God of today, not only the one of yesterday, nor the one of tomorrow but the one of this very day. To think that I AM is by my side makes me feel supported, accompanied and secure. I know that the miracle will happen today because I serve a living God, a God of today. I don’t serve the God of yesterday to not live of past glories; nor the God of tomorrow to not have torment in my heart (because hope deferred makes the heart sick). I serve the God of today because He can give me victory over my needs right now.
My parents are people that have always driven us (my sisters and I) to conquer great challenges. One of them was this year when I had the opportunity of preaching in the church of Miami on a Sunday morning. I acknowledge that I was only able to do it thanks to the motivation they both gave me. That morning my mum said: “Manuela, you have to give the offering message today” (most of the time she’s the one who does it). My attitude was like that of Moses: “who am I?” But thanks to her words I managed to fulfil the challenge and accomplish the feat.
- Dear Pastor Richard Witmer Thank you for sharing. ...
- Amen! This is so great pastor! One, we are giving ...
- That's true
- THANK YOU FOR BEING SO AVAILABLE FOR US
- God's understanding is so great making me experien...
- leadership (25 POST_PLURAL)
- family (11 POST_PLURAL)
- creativity (7 POST_PLURAL)
- cellgroups (1 POST_SINGULAR)
- devotional (6 POST_PLURAL)
- prayer and word (15 POST_PLURAL)
- politics & government (9 POST_PLURAL)
- church (9 POST_PLURAL)
- Ladder of success (4 POST_PLURAL)
- Discipulado / Discipleship (2 POST_PLURAL)
- El Reino / The Kingdom (2 POST_PLURAL)
- Culture (3 POST_PLURAL)